Benoit DebledSoftware Developer
The two mains events that got me into the RC Model world are when I saw my first UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) at my cousin’s wedding for photography. At that time, drones were very rare, and I thought it was a great idea to get shots from unusual angles! Later on, at the beginning of 2013, I’ve seen some videos on the internet and in particular some videos of Warthox. I was amazed of what you could do with a quadcopter!
Being curious and liking challanges, during summer 2013, I started to learn on how to build a quadcopter, the parts you need, an estimation of a price,... At the end of the summer, I got the parts from Hobbyking, and I started to build and fly my first quadcopter!
Here are the parts of my first quadcopter:
- Motors: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 2822-1275
- ESC: TURNIGY Plush 10amp
- Flight Controller: Hobbyking KK2.0
- Batteries for this quadcopter: 1500mah 3S and 2650mah. Both are Turnigy nano-tech and are 25-50C.
- Frame: I started with the Q450 Glass Fiber Quadcopter frame and I quickly switched to the HobbyKing X550 Glass Fiber frame.
- Propellers: 8045 SF Props
In order to charge my batteries, I use the Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A Balancer/Charger
Later on, in the beginning of 2016, I've built another quadcopter. This time, I needed a more powerful quadcopter to be able to carry a bigger load.
- Motors: RCTimer 5010
- ESC: Afro ESC 30Amp OPTO Multi-Rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware)
- Flight Controller: HKPilot Mega 2.7
- Battery for this quadcopter: Multistar High Capacity 10000mAh 6S 10C
- Frame: Tarot FY650 IRON MAN
- Propellers: 1555 3 Hole Carbon Fiber Propellers
I unfortunately don't have enough time to write on how to build a quadcopter. There are already a bunch of tutorials on the internet.
If you have any questions about quadcopters, do not hesistate to contact me!